Bilbo Baggins

Default Central Heating Pressure

Thanks guys,

I realise that the unvented water system is not directly connected but I
just wanted to show off ;-)

I had the system installed a few months ago and although the plumber fired
up the heating to test it it wasn't run for any length of time and hasn't
been used in earnest until now. After the first few days i had to bleed a
lot of air out of the system. When I bled the air out I had to let some
water into the pressure vessel to compensate. Now it seems to have settled
down nicely and I am glad that it is running at the correct pressure (1 bar
when cold and 1.5 (ish) when up and running)

Thanks again.

KW

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
Bilbo Baggins wrote:

I've recently had a mains pressure unvented hot water system fitted and

I am
absolutely delighted with it (fantastic shower pressure without any

noisy
pumps).

My question relates to the pressure vessel for the central heating

system.
The vessel has a pressure gauge and a water feed attached and my plumber
recommended that I have it set at 1 bar pressure. When the system is

idle
the pressure is currently 1 bar and when it's in demand it's nearly 2

bar.

Is this correct or should I have it running at 1 bar ? I don't want to

run
it at too high a pressure and risk the rather aged pipework springing a
leak.

Take a look below. The rise is rather on the large size and if there
were a lot of rads and/or the old fashioned 'school' type then another
expansion veseerl might be needed - Or maybe the existing unit is
faulty or wrongly set up.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk