Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Easier Method of Scrubbing a Deck?

On Jul 1, 3:21*pm, wrote:
I have a fairly large 20 year old cedar deck which I have cleaned and
resealed religiously every 2 years for the past 6 years that I have
owned the house. *I use a wood cleaner/brightener and deck scrubber (a
stiff bristle brush on a pole) to clean it... which easily takes 12 to
15 hours over the course of 3 days (after work) to complete to my
satisfaction before resealing it. *This becomes more and more of a
task as I get older. *I don't mind the blisters on top of blisters
(yeh, I do wear gloves), but the sore back and arms slay me. *I do not
believe in using a pressure washer. *There has got to be an easier
method to scrubbing a deck.

snip

The solution to your problem may be at a janitorial supply house. The
professionals could well have machines and products to make the work
much faster. For them, the labor intensive part translates into $$, a
big no-no. Hit your yellow pages, and good luck.

Joe