Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default OT-143 days

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 14:47:05 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 08:41:33 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 06:28:06 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

What are a "918 rivette" and "case of Monsters", pray tell?

918 rivett lathe, second ops, with turret, cross slide and a drawer
full of dead length collets, 3 jaw, the manual etc etcetc

http://www.ozarkwoodworker.com/item/...orparts-manua/

How big is that beastie? HxWxL, lbs, etc? What's the jap turret
lathe? (same questions)

Probably 5 wide, 3 high and 3 deep, maybe 500 lbs....wired 440 3ph,
but I think I can set you up with a motor

May not suit yur needs...it is a 2nd ops lathe....shrug

The Jap is about 250 lbs, uses 4c collets, may also not fit your
needs.

Ill hunt you up a Logan 11"

Mini mill? Sieg x2 or x3 for dirt cheap?

Nope...mills are much harder to find.

Hanson's Monster Energy Drink

http://www.monsterenergy.com/

Ah, so; you're a caffeine freak. Is this better than Jolt? I tapered
off caffeine because I hated the caffeine hangovers (as bad as a
migrane) and now drink just 2 cups of coffee (infrequent) or 3 cups of
tea per day. I wake up and am running at 90% by the time my feet hit
the floor--without any damned drugs, TYVM.

Im old, tired and out of sorts, and often sore as hell when I wake up.

Example...

I got off work tonight..er this morning rather..at 2:30am then drove
back 35 minutes to the RV.

After spending all ****ing day wiring up a 5 ton overhead crane,
conduit, sub, disconnect, which in the process my Delta sawzall
stripped its gears, my favorite 3 watt LED flashlight went tits up...I
finally powered up the hoist..ran it up and down 2 times and on the
3rd lift, I short stroked it, as ignorant villagers for whom broken
English is a second language at best...will do.. and it
inconvieniently belched out a puff of magic smoke with a loud CRACK
and a flash, blew all the breakersin a line out to a 200 amp sub (460
volts)..and welding one relay partially closed, blew out 2 of the 3
connector pins from the plug in power leads..welding them into the
females and blowing them out of the male socket.

The 20 amp breaker its tied to did trip, but the 200 amp 460 sub did
also...

Best as I can figure..up and down contactors engaged
simultainiously...or one stuck......

Brand spanking new 5 ton electric hoist. Brand rhymes with Net.

All this today, so they could unload the 8' x 19' stainless steel
tanks that are coming in in the morning for the internals to be welded
in....made mucho phone calls at 2:30 am to voice mails, hoping they
could cancel the delivery trucks carrying the tanks...cause there is
no way to unload them.

They are so ****ed.......

Anyways...its 4:37 am..Im still ****ed off as hell, sucking on a cig,
with a Monster at hand, thinking about taking a cold shower (ran out
of propane here at the RV sometime today) and have to be back at the
clients shop at 9am to give him the details.

Anywho, who sells cases cheap?

Sams Club. About $15 for a 24 can, case.

--Your Frugal Friend