Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Default Tag terminal desoldering technique/s ?

On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 18:00:01 -0700, Jeffrey D Angus
wrote:

Claude Hopper wrote:
I just tap or snap the terminal when the solder is melted and it just
flies off, then I can pull the wire out. Sometimes you have to remelt
and resnap to get the hole clear for another wire.

Yes, gravity is your friend. But it's kind of hard to do when the
terminal in question is parts of a large chassis.

Not gravity, it's inertia.
Place chassis on flat table.
Lift one side of the chassis.
Heat the joint with a soldering iron.
When hot, let the chassis drop onto the table.
Inertia will cause the solder to splatter on the table.

I used to do it this way when removing parts from old TV sets that I
fished out of dumpsters behind Henry Radio (in L.A.) and local TV
repair shops.

Jeff

The other Jeff.

# 831-336-2558