Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Kind of off topic Junk mail

Mike Paulsen wrote in
:

HeyBub wrote:
metspitzer wrote:
My sister and her two kids lived with me at one time. I still get
her mail.

I save a mound of it and take it with me when I visit her. Most of
the mail is from catalogs, but since she is a junk gift addict, she
wants me to save it for her.

Well yesterday I said.....forget this. I took a pile of the stuff
and marked "return to sender" and put it in the mail box.

Won't do any good. Postal regulations require the immediate disposal
of undeliverable "Standard Mail" (nee "bulk"). It doesn't get
returned to the sender. The only way to stop it is to call the sender
and ask, pretty-please, to be removed from their list.

You don't have to ask. You can tell.

United States Postal Service Form 1500.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibitory_Order

I didn't read the whole 5 page thing but that appears to be for sexually
oriented advertisements only.