Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Lawn mower air filter?

On Jul 2, 1:21*pm, Jeff Dege wrote:
I have a lawnmower that had been running fine. *A week or so ago, it
started stalling out, just after I'd started running it.

It'd start easy, run for about 20 seconds, then sputter out. *It did this
regardless of whether I was mowing anything or not. *Load didn't seem to
have anything to do with it.

I was thinking "gas or oxygen", so I removed the air filter and it ran
fine. *I then ordered a replacement air filter.

With the replacement air filter in place, I get the same behavior. *It
starts easily, runs for a bit, then stalls. *Without the air filter, it
runs fine.

Any ideas?

--
Of all the dogs I have known the terrier has the best memory for friends.
Even casual friends are not forgotten if once accepted. As for the

Its running rich, maybe the choke is on, carb adjusted to rich, plug
fouled, weak spark, float bowl is not completely shutting off, timing
key is bad from hitting a rock, or its old and valves are bad, im sure
there are other reasons.