Posted to uk.d-i-y
Keith[_4_] Keith[_4_] is offline

Default Periodic electrical inspection

"John Rumm" wrote in message
PCPaul wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 04:27:06 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

Andy Wade wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I scanned the label for my new CU, did all the circuit naming in a
matching font, coloured cross hatching for RCD protected and printed
it out on sticky backed paper.
I've done similar. The house CU label here was drawn in autoCAD and
produced on a pen plotter. Remember pen plotters...?
With some regret, I lobbed my[1] HP7475 in a skip a few months back
after having had it sat in a cupboard unused for getting on for 15
years....

[1] Bought at auction with three others for £65 a piece IIRC

Aww... Im sure they would make excellent small scale CNC machines/
engravers when fitted with a dremel...

Possibly - they had quite substantial stepper motors for the platten and
turret axis. Not sure if the pen up/down mechanism would cope with a
dremel without serious modification though.

Betcha it would cope with a flexi-drive attachment though!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rotacraft-Ro.../dp/B000B8JNYK

--
Keith