Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Ballpark Figure?

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote

Be aware with your back (I share your problems there, DDD, 3
herniations) that you will need help holding the fixture up if you are
going to actually plug it in. If you just do the box part in advance so
they can tie to it, probably same price if i read you right?

Thanks, Carol. Actually, I've recently had a new back problem recently (a
pinched nerve this time, I think), so it may not be me at all who puts up
the fan. If I can do it by the time the junction box is in place, I'll
definitely have help.

Thats good you'll have help. 'Pinched Nerves' are so much fun.

No, I don't intend to actually install the box, but I know the type I want
and will supply it to the electrician.

How is your back now, Carol?

Comes and goes in comfort levels. Denegerative Disc Disease (DDD) so it's
got it's good and bad days. One of those progressive things but with care I
am fairly normal as long as I dont lift stuff. I bring my daughter with me
shopping so she can handle the bigger stuff (she's 14) and at the same time
she's learned lots on how to economically shop plus gets more 'Mommie time'!

Anyways, the relation to this group is just that I have lots of tips but
often have to contract things out due to physical limits. There's a great
deal I can still do (such as just posted how we rescreened the porch for
another) but I couldnt hold a fan up for Don to put in place.