Posted to alt.home.repair
Bobby Green Bobby Green is offline

Default Self-limiting washer hoses

wrote in message
On Jul 1, 7:45?am, "Robert Green" wrote:
At HD the other day I picked up two stainless braided washer hoses

labelled
"Floodsafe." ?The package says "sutomatic senses hose ruptures and shuts

the
water supply off when then flow of water exceed the design rate.

Has anyone used these and/or any like this? ?Pros? ?Cons?

Does it restrict the flow into the machine enough to make the wash cycle
longer as the fill time increases? ?I found their website:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.asp

but I'd rather hear from actual users . . .

TIA,

--
Bobby G.

waste of money, a partial leak will still flood your home. plus people
have complained about longer cycle time

if your concerned get a auto solenoid valve and forget about it....:

Some people have reported problems within this thread so I think I might
skip them since they are hard to reach to install. The last thing I want to
do is go in there after them.

Thanks

--
Bobby G.