Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Will Hoevenaars Will Hoevenaars is offline

Default JVC AV 27850 - common cause for deflection problem?

The fault symptom looks like there are dry joints around the vertical output
stage.
Take the back of the set and lightly tap the circuit board with the handle
of a screwdriver and confirm that it reacts when tapping the board.

Will.

"John Hudak" wrote in message
Hi:
The vertical deflection went out on my TV a few days ago. It started
acting funny a few days prior to it going out altogether. I'd turn the
set on and the thin horizontal line would appear, then fully deflect, and
oscillate back a forth a few times, sometimes staying a line for a min or
two, then deflect to full screen, etc. Now it just stays on as a thin
horizontal like across the screen, about 1/8" thick.

Are there any things prone to failure in this set that I should look at?
OR, any common problems with this set in general? e.g. bad solder joints
around?
Thanks for any insight!
John