Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Simon Morris Simon Morris is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

Duncan Wood wrote on 02/07/2008 15:01
On Wed, 02 Jul 2008 14:34:38 +0100, Simon Morris
wrote:

"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 23:16:09 +0100, "Tim Ward"
wrote:

But I really do like
the limited liability bit, my house isn't automatically on the line
if I make a little mistake at work.
Thats not actually true according to my pet lawyer. In order to
protect your house you have to get public liability insurance

I'm surprised to hear that (though it doesn't affect me personally).
So if an employee of Joe Bloggs Ltd makes a trivial typo while
contracting for BNFL, and the North West of England becomes
uninhabitable for 1000 years, how does the liability for the mistake
move from Joe Bloggs Ltd to its owner? And if it does, what does
"limited liability" actually mean?

Well if the NorthWest becomes uninhabitable for 1000 years that's not
really trivial.

Tell that to a southerner. But I digress: the typo might be trivial, but
the consequences might not be. Anyway, thanks to John Rumm for
suggesting an approximate answer to my question.

S.