Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

Bob Mannix wrote:
"Anna Kettle" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 23:16:09 +0100, "Tim Ward"
wrote:

But I really do like
the limited liability bit, my house isn't automatically on the line if I
make a little mistake at work.

Thats not actually true according to my pet lawyer. In order to
protect your house you have to get public liability insurance

I concur, I believe all your assets are fair game. You might avoid
significant risk with no PLI if you design web pages but not if you are a
handyman. I was looking into it recently.

Depends a bit on the circumstances. It used to be many years ago a Ltd
liability company was like a teflon coating - the operators were almost
invulnerable regardless of how dodgy their actions. Needless to say this
was abused for all sorts of crooked practice and the protection was made
much less bulletproof. Having said that, I believe that they would still
need to demonstrate that the company directors acted negligently or with
malign intent to look past the company to them personally for compensation.

--
Cheers,

John.