Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Clothes line poles

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 18:39:09 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

cavelamb himself wrote:

Dumb Question (tm) regarding clothes like poles...

I thought it would be easy to find stuff to make a big "T" for a clothes
line, but...

local suppliers don't seem to carry anything but nipples and that up to
1-1/2" only.

Is that stiff enough for a clothes line pole with 3 or 4 lines?

Richard

The clothes dryer is on a 30 amp breaker - call it 3kwh dumped into the
house as extra heat.

The air conditioner has to remove that extra heat - so it runs a lot longer.

You don't vent your dryer outside? Plastic flex tubing is better than
nothing. The TURKEY I bought this house from used a nylon over the
vent into the basement to supplement the furnace in the winter and I'm
still finding gobsof lint after 24 years!

I'm going to guess I can drop the electric bill by at least 1/3 just by
drying towels, sheets and jeans outside.
And - stay cooler too.

So...
Is there an East Side Dallas welder handy?

Material costs look like about $75 for a pair of T's.

Richard

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada