Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Caliper Extender

Paul Jeran wrote:

-- Has anyone ever used one of these?

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...52293&PARTPG=I
NLMK32

I need to measure some parts that are 24" +/- .005 and don't have a
large enough vernier. Would it just be better to bite the bullet and
get a large vernier?

Thanks,

Paul

I've tried to use one of those.

The jaws of the caliper tend to interfere with the measurement using the jig.
It looks like they photoshop-disappeared the jaw ends in enco's ad.

I can't imagine being able to hold +- 0.005" with one.

For $60 more you can have a tool that is much more accurate and much easier to use.

Have a look at use-enco.com Model #890-9822

If the budget will allow, the Model #505-1811 will last you as long as you could
possibly ever need it. I have two Mitutoyo Digimatics and I can't break them.

--Winston