Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Caliper Extender

-- Has anyone ever used one of these?

http://www.use-enco.com/CGI/INSRIT?P...52293&PARTPG=I
NLMK32

I need to measure some parts that are 24" +/- .005 and don't have a
large enough vernier. Would it just be better to bite the bullet and
get a large vernier?

I've got one, and it works OK. It's not going to be as accurate as a
purpose built humongo caliper, but if you are OK with the tolerances,
they work fine. They also take a little bit of assembly, so swappping
back & forth can be a pain. They fit some calipers better than others.
I think I contacted the manufacturer and they recommened B&S. I kept my
eyes open for a good sale & got one that is semi-dedicated for the
extender.

Doug White