Posted to alt.home.repair
jack[_8_] jack[_8_] is offline

Default Self-limiting washer hoses

"Robert Green" wrote in message
At HD the other day I picked up two stainless braided washer hoses
labelled
"Floodsafe." The package says "sutomatic senses hose ruptures and shuts
the
water supply off when then flow of water exceed the design rate.

Has anyone used these and/or any like this? Pros? Cons?

Does it restrict the flow into the machine enough to make the wash cycle
longer as the fill time increases? I found their website:

http://www.watts.com/pro/whatsnew/wh..._floodsafe.asp

but I'd rather hear from actual users . . .

I have had them on for a couple years now. Doesn't affect anything; I don't
use it, but my wife would sure as hell complain if anything took longer.

Don't know if they actually work, as leaks are pretty rare.

I have had two problems with the washing machine; the drain clogged and the
water level sensor clogged, causing minor floods each time. As such I would
really like a whole house solenoid (water heater, washing machine, etc.) but
the main valve and PRV are immediately before the first branch, so there is
no place to put it.