Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Recommended USENET newsgroup access

Bill wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

AIOE blocked it for a while after complaints about hundreds of forged
messages were posted through their servers. In fact, all of the
sci.electronics.* groups were blocked.

That just proves that there are idiots all over the place.
Alt.os.linux.ubuntu and c.o.linux.advocacy have 2 or 3 users who
routinely cross-post junk. The posters should be kicked off with an all
news groups ban on them, and not destroy it for all the serious users.
Keeping a ban filter on offenders IP's would be much simpler.
Bill Baka

I didn't say they were cross posting, they were disrupting most
threads by forging the names of regular users. The troll was doing his
best to disrupt all of the sci.electronics newsgroups, till AIOE got
tired of all the reports. AIOE doesn't require an account, or
verification of your identity. It was designed for anonymous trolling,
from the ground, up and extremely easy to abuse. Most people using
Newsproxy drop all messages posted from AIOE, so there is little or no
chance of it happening again. That also makes it fairly useless for day
to day use on the sci.electronics.* newsgroups. I have newsproxy set to
flag AIOE at the moment, or I wouldn't have seen the 'test' post.
Several other free NNTP servers are filtered out, as well as Google
groups and trolling newsgroups that cross post to start crap.

As far as your problems on Linux newsgroups, it doesn't surprise me
one bit. The ****ty attitude some Linux users have is the perfect
breeding ground for crap like that.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.