Posted to alt.home.repair
Raleigh_3_Speed Raleigh_3_Speed is offline

Default Shiplap and suggestions

On Jun 30, 10:14 am, Smitty Two wrote:
In article , "h"
wrote:

"Raleigh_3_Speed" wrote in message
I am fixing to do some repairs on my mother's garage.

"Fixing to do"?

Either you're fixing your mother's garage or you're going to do repairs on
your mother's garage, or you're going to repair your mother's garage. There
is no verb, nor any other part of speech, called "fixing to do". From which
backwater of America do you hail? Yikes!

Hey! No picking on colloquialisms allowed. "Fixing to" is a synonym for
"planning to" in this whole backwater country.

I reckin the gentleman is a gramer teacher. :-)

Take care,
Andy