Posted to rec.woodworking
cm cm is offline

Default 5 year-old latex paint.

r,

We have used old paint on several occasions. I save all my old off white
paint left from jobs and mix it all together when I have enough to paint a
whole house. I work for several investors that don't care what color off
white we use on their investment property. We have also used customers paint
that has been stored for several years with no problems. I say go for it.

cm

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Not directly related to woodworking, but I am hoping to paint some
stuff on the outside of the house with a couple of gallon of Benjamin
Moore Exterior Latex of a particular colour which I have in inventory.
However, those two gallons were mixed 5 years ago, but upon opening
the cans, all seemed well, just a tad of separation on top, no lumps,
smelled okay, tasted fine.
My regular paint guru is on vacation, and I know there's well-honed
knowledge base in this group.
It will be going on treated wood and steel, the same I did 5 years ago
(The building of a deck interrupted the painting ofd the back of the
house.... and then I got busy with other stuff.)
What I painted 5 years ago, still looks spiffy, even after a few
powerwashes at 3000PSIG.

So, what do you figure, gentleman, ladies, should that paint be okay?
Or do I shed that genetic Dutch Fault and throw it all out and drop a
hundred bucks and buy new?

all thoughts appreciated, and shall Google some more...