Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default water heater

Cydrome Leader wrote:
I have a water heater that I do not want to be stationary. Can I drill
holes in the bottom and use strong casters, so that I can move it around?

It is a 40 gallon unit, and uses natural gas. I have already installed
sturdy casters on my furnace, car, car door, front steps and mailbox, so
this should be no problem to do.

Make sure you drill all the way into the tank. This will let
the water out, and make it much easier to roll around. Can you
use old, worn-out garden hose for the gas main? If it leaks,
then the resulting explosion will expand the dimensions of your
shop to include the whole neighborhood! What could be better?

Jon