Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Do people build an add-on brick chimney up the side of a house?

On Jul 1, 4:36 pm, MM wrote:
My latest idea to get a wood-burning stove! Having seen several
stainless flues externally mounted up the side of the house I have to
say that they all look atrocious. Like Chinese takeaways. So I'm
wondering if it has been done before, namely to construct a proper
brick chimney up the side of the house, tying it in with the existing
brickwork. Would PP be required?

MM

Yes it can be, and quite often is, done. PP? I'm guessing yes if it
alters the roof line. BC? Almost certainly.

MBQ