Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Ballpark Figure?

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote

Thanks, Carol. Without an actual quote, I'm beginning to think it may run
around $125-150.

That 'seems about right' when reading the below.

I will be installing the fan myself, and I can also
supply the special expanding braced fan outlet box that is meant to be
installed from the ceiling opening and not the attic. The wiring to the
existing recessed cans should be easily located once the hole for the box
has been cut. An educated guess tells me that they can drop one of the
recessed cans to access a connection point. I doubt in this case they
will
have to cut out more drywall than what is required for the outlet box
hole.

Be aware with your back (I share your problems there, DDD, 3 herniations)
that you will need help holding the fixture up if you are going to actually
plug it in. If you just do the box part in advance so they can tie to it,
probably same price if i read you right?