Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electric logsplitter & generator

I'm not Joe, but you sound like you are wise, thoughtful, and scintillating.
Sounds like a perfect answer to all your needs. Have at it, and don't drink
alcohol or use strong medicine while operating equipment.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wolf" wrote in message
Joe ... I do have a larger generator (5000 watts) but I really don't want to
haul it back and forth. Cabin is remote and on top of a ridge. The small
Coleman 1850 is already there and is used for small power tools. I smaller
Coleman 800 is used to recharge battery packs (rescued from the trash). If
I was splitting more wood, the larger generator would be hauled back there
and will eventually. At this time, if it works, the Coleman 1850 would be
used for a few tree that were blown over near the cabin. Lighting is via oil
lamps or propane ... solar will be used later on a small scale.

Why not get a somewhat larger generator? Many machines operated at
near capacity for some time will not have long service life. Besides,
what if you decide to do some night time splitting and need lights out
there? (I know, I know, that's far fetched, but who can predict human
behavior?).

Joe