Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Threads off axis

On Jun 29, 11:48=A0am, "Carl Boyd" wrote:
=2E..
but I found I have a couple of old Tap wrenches in the back of the box tha=

have center holes in the back.
CarlBoyd

I have quite a few of those and except for one Starrett they hold taps
crooked.

I bought three brand new Starrett tap wrenhces about 10 years ago. NONE
of them would hold a tap straight. They appeared to have switched
from machined to investment cast jaws. I sent them all back & they
replaced the jaws with ones that were a bit better, but not exactly
perfect. I was more than a bit disappointed, especially given the
prices.

Doug White