Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Linda Fox Linda Fox is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 23:27:59 +0100, Andy Hall

On 2008-06-29 22:49:06 +0100, Linda Fox said:

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:10:33 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

No, I'm simply asking a question. So far there hasn't been a
rational explanation as to why dentists should run at a loss, only that
it's supposed not to be acceptable for them to have a reasonable house
and car.

Do you need to earn 100K to have a "reasonable" house and car, then?

You tell me.

, No, I asked you. Why can't you just answer the question.

There are two determinants of what is reasonable in this situation.

- The person in receipt of the earnings

- The people paying them

What on EARTH does "the people paying them" have to do with whether or
not a "reasonable house and car" requires £100K?

What is the moaning about? If you don't want to pay the dentist his
asking price then you have two options - negotiate or failing that
don't buy.

Irrelevant to my question

Would you negotiate with the dentist on the basis that you don't think
he should be making 100k per year or would you be discussing the price?

Irrelevant to my question

If you say to him that you think that a reasonable house can be bought
on a salary of £45k and that you will therefore offer him half of of
his asking price, he might consider it rather odd.

Irrelevant to my question

Do you go into Tescos and tell them that you'll pay them half the
asking price for bananas because you think that Terry Leahy's pad in
Hertfordshire is a bit too much.? He would probably consider that
100k is rather light for what he would consider to be a reasonable
house and car. OTOH, he does run a fairly successful business and
returns shareholder value..... To pension fund and ISA investors.

Again, irrelevant.

Some people have been suggesting that they think 100k is overpayment.
You said they were resenting the fact that a dentist should aspire to
a reasonable house and car. From your answers I would infer that you
meant "only that it's supposed not to be acceptable for them to have a
SUPERIOR house and car"

Now, if that's what you really meant, then say it and then we can all
move the goal posts. Stop being so weaselly (sp?)

Linda ff