Posted to alt.home.repair
MacD MacD is offline

Default varying the ratio on JB Weld or other epoxy

In article , says...

I want something like epoxy but that will not dry hard and brittle. Tried
the standard 50/50 mix with JB Weld on a piece of cardboard and it cracks
when bent, but I understand that this is way it was designed.

On another test piece I put 75% hardner and 25% "steel", then next to (not
touching it) did a spot of 75% steel and 25% hardner. 17 hours later
neither one seems cured.

The 75% steel spot did the best, it is tack free and flexible, feels sort of
rubbery. This is almost exactly what I need if it stays like this over the
long term.

Devcon makes a product line called Flexane that cures into rubber. They have
various durometer ratings, and also sell an additive to vary the durometer
(hardness) rating. I believe McMaster Carr carries it.

http://www.devcon.com/products/produ...ndid=1&catid=3

--
Dennis