Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg evodawg is offline

Default dishwasher clog

observer wrote:

I am considering buying a used home (about 7 years old) and noticed
the GE dishwasher holding water. It seem to run fine after trying it
but I tried for about 15 minutes moving the knob slowly but I could
not even hear the water trying to drain. Ideally I should let it go
thru the entire cycle but I didn't want to wait in a vacant home to
find out. No water was leaking out of the dishwasher tho. I've since
returned about 3 days later to find the same amount of water in the
dishwasher but this time I didn't try to run it. Any advice how to
unclog it myself if after letting it run the entire cycle get the same
result? I don't have any literature and I hope running the entire
cycle doesn't make it leak out the door???

Under the skirt of the DW there is sometimes a valve and a lever you can
move back and forth to free up any clog. Its not easy to find, its just
where all the junk and debris settles. Look for the low spot inside the DW
and making the corresponding measurement to underneath and that's usually
where it is.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"