Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] eselk2003@gmail.com is offline

Default Fix cracked joint compound

On Jun 28, 6:24*pm, "__ Bøb __" wrote:
I know it's a little late now, but they make a small, flexible, plastic
trim piece for just that application. * Kinda looks like a miniature
version of "J-Channel" that is used on siding applications. * I got some
recently at Home Depot for just a few $$$ and used it to terminate
drywall at the fiberglass shower enclosure in my shop .. .. it worked great.

That sai .. another coat of compound will probably fix your situation. *
If you want a bit better cure, dig out the cracked stuff, and get some
dry powder compound that you mix with water just before application...
It "cures" rather than "dries" and is much less prone to crack.

Thanks to all who replied... never had such consistant answers before,
I guess my repair path is obvious this time, awsome! Of course, now
if it doesn't work, I'll really be shocked =]