Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Painting over indoor-outdoor carpet

Ron wrote:

On Jun 29, 2:55 pm, Northe wrote:

We've got a screened porch (they call them Arizona Rooms here in
Arizona), and the floor is covered with that green "astroturf like"
indoor-outdoor carpet. My wife understands that it is possible to paint
over it using several coats of primer followed by a floor paint, to wind
up with a different color and relatively smooth surface.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Northe
Green Valley, AZ

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/tr...roject_06.html

Anyone who has spilled paint knows that it would probably sink into
fiber carpet. Astroturf is
a whole nother idea - horrible, just to think about. I can't imagine
why anyone would want to try,
unless striving for a particularly unusual color. Indoor/outdoor carpet
is pretty inexpensive,
probably cheaper than the primer and paint.