Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave[_27_] Dave[_27_] is offline

Default Do power supplies in shut down come on briefly?

On Jun 29, 4:55*pm, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message

In the process of trying to determin if my power supply is defective,
or the video board on an LCD TV. I checked the voltage output pins and
found the 5 volts stand by voltage was working fine, but nevertheless
the set does not turn on.

Some one suggested I put my oscilloscope probe on the switched outputs
while pushing the power button to see if the other outputs attempt to
come on before going in to shut down.

Is this a valid test? Can I really expect to see the other output pins
briefly come up if something on the video board is causing my power
supply to go in shut down?

Testing the switched outputs revealed there was not even a spike, so
my hunch is I have a bad power supply.

Thanks in advance, and thanks much for the previous suggestions.
"Dave" wrote in message

Did you locate the standby switching line from the system control micro, and
determine if it is toggling, as I suggested previously, and are you getting
a standby light ?

Arfa- Hide quoted text -

I hate to sound stupid, but How do I find the switched line from the
control micro to see if it toggles? Didn't I do this when I checked
all of the power supply pins going to my video board?
I do have a glowing LED on the front of the set which turns on the
minute I plug the set in, but it is continually on, and does not
blink. I also tested every pin on my power supply board and found them
to be dead, except for the 5 volt stand by voltage. I did notice when
measuring the five volt line on the power switch it dropped to 0 volts
when I pushed the switch. Am I misunderstanding anything your
saying?