Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Do power supplies in shut down come on briefly?

"Dave" wrote in message
In the process of trying to determin if my power supply is defective,
or the video board on an LCD TV. I checked the voltage output pins and
found the 5 volts stand by voltage was working fine, but nevertheless
the set does not turn on.

Some one suggested I put my oscilloscope probe on the switched outputs
while pushing the power button to see if the other outputs attempt to
come on before going in to shut down.

Is this a valid test? Can I really expect to see the other output pins
briefly come up if something on the video board is causing my power
supply to go in shut down?

Testing the switched outputs revealed there was not even a spike, so
my hunch is I have a bad power supply.

Thanks in advance, and thanks much for the previous suggestions.
"Dave" wrote in message

Did you locate the standby switching line from the system control micro, and
determine if it is toggling, as I suggested previously, and are you getting
a standby light ?

Arfa