Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting over indoor-outdoor carpet

On 6/29/2008 11:55 AM Northe spake thus:

We've got a screened porch (they call them Arizona Rooms here in
Arizona), and the floor is covered with that green "astroturf like"
indoor-outdoor carpet. My wife understands that it is possible to paint
over it using several coats of primer followed by a floor paint, to wind
up with a different color and relatively smooth surface.

Has anyone had any experience with doing this?

To be honest, no, I've had no experience with this, but it sounds pretty
crazy to me. Suggestion: if you really want to find out, get yourself a
scrap of carpet and try painting it to see what happens. My guess is you
won't be pleased with the result.

It drags itself out of the dark abyss of pish, and crawls insanely up
the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and
doodle. It is balder and dash."

- With apologies to H. L. Mencken