Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GMAN GMAN is offline

Default NiMH cell charging

In article , UCLAN wrote:
GMAN wrote:

I guess to me the only advantage with the C801D is the 8 cell capacity? The
drawback is not car charging.

And the extra cost. Main question is do you *need* an 8-cell charger? If so,
get the C801D, and get a cheaper charger for the car. The heavy duty power
supply for the C801 is nice. I used to have a MH-C808M charger that had the
same type of supply. The C801 is the Cadillac of chargers, no doubt, but
unless you need the 8-cell capacity, I'd go with the C9000.

Good suggestion, then if i needed more capacity i could just in the future

buy
a second one.

One more consideration: The C801 and its power supply require about FOUR
times more bench space than does the C9000.

But technically does it do a better job or is the firmware and its capabilities
very similar to the C9000?