Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Ballpark Figure?

The ceiling fan electrical box would need to be mounted to the ceiling wood
framing so it could support the fan. Depending on where the joists run in
the ceiling, this could be easy or require cutting out some drywall.

Then you would need someone to fix the drywall.

The electrical part should be easy. Should be able to tap into a nearby
fixture and run a wire to the fan.

So maybe a couple of hundred for just the electrical work.

As to the drywall work, these days it seems calling anyone out to do
anything is $100 just for them to show up! (Got to fill that truck up with
gas!)

"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
In my kitchen I have 5 recessed can lights mounted in an approximately 6'
circular pattern over the island. There is no attic access. I would like
to have a ceiling fan junction box added in the center of the circle of
downlights, wired to the same circuit as the lights. I won't require a
separate switch for the fan, as I will use the pull chain switch to
control
it. There is no concern about wattage, as I am using CFLs in the
downlights that total only ~120 watts. The fan wattage will not exceed
100
watts.

I haven't called an electrician for prices yet. I live in the greater
Phoenix area. Any wild guesses as to what this might cost to have
installed? I can't manage doing the job myself as I have a back problem
that prevents me from being on a ladder.

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 06(VI)/28(XXVIII)/08(MMVIII)