Posted to alt.consumers.pest-control,alt.home.repair
The Ranger[_2_] The Ranger[_2_] is offline

Default Wasps nesting under slanted wood trim on gable side of building

On Jun 29, 12:34 am, JayN wrote:
I live in a condo (end unit townhouse). There is a slanted wood trim
near the roof on the side of the building. There is a gap behind the
wood trim and wasps (yellowjackets) have been flying into the gap

[Snip]
Should I insist this be done, or are they best simply left alone?

You don't mention if you have access to a ladder. If you don't have
access to a ladder, how were you planning on getting up on the roof to
take care of this problem? I'd call the property management and have
them get Terminex (or whoever they've contracted with) out there. If
you do [have a ladder], and will not be going against any of your HOA
regulations by climbing up on the roof or whatnot, then purchasing one
of the power-spray insecticides specific to wasps would be one
solution. You can fire at the opening from a safe distance (usually
20-25 feet) and not worry about getting stung.

The Ranger