Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Noon-Air Noon-Air is offline

Default End of alt.hvac

"Moe Jones" wrote in message
I did some extensive research and it is true, the alt. hierarchy will
not be carried by several providers. Unfortunately these are "major"
carriers so many users won't have access to this NG or even know about
(who cares about those ****in home moaners anyhow).
This puts me and my newsgroup alt.hvac into a dilemma.

Though I've been banned from the professional web based hvac forums, I
will find a way for my followers to keep with me. By the end of this
year alt.hvac will be dust in the wind. How sad for me as I started
this NG and will have to die with it.
.

Heck I am a retired HVAC Service Technician and I found your NG to be very
unprofessional and never understanding how you all could treat home owners
the way you do.
Being in the business for 30 years plus you know if the home owner can
repair their problem them self's it good but if they **** it up it will
cost them more to get it repaired.
I say leave it up to them to decide.

Maybe you should look a little closer at the 'moaners and landlords that
come in here. Having been in the biz for 30 years, as a tech, you may
recognize the patern...but its real ovbious to those of us who are owners,
and talk to the price shoppers on the phone all day long, and the EEs that
think they know everything. I had one bitch about having to pay me $75 for a
service call.....I gave him the choice of paying for the service call or
filling my fuel tank....end of discussion. In todays economy, most people
don't have a nickel to rub together so they are looking for the cheapest
price, then bitch because they got screwed over by
"Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob".......and all because they didn't want to pay the little
bit more to get a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally treained,
HVAC tech out there to do it right the first time. How many times have you
gone to a home where a "tech" has been there 3 or 4 times and its still not
cooling?? Then when you clean and service the system the way its supposed to
be, you end up recovering 4 or 5 pounds of excess refrigerant. Or you find a
system where the entire control side has been fried because some HO decided
to try and replace a contactor.... or......
I generally don't get my panties in a wad when somebody tries to second
guess the tech.... that tells me that they didn't trust the tech, or the
work the tech did, and they are still not comfortable or happy.

Don't get me wrong, I like the work, it just ****es me off that there are so
many who don't have a clue and either hose it up themselves, or get hosed by
the lowest bidder. *Most* of my customers don't know what it takes or what
it costs to run a business, they only know that when I ease their pain, they
are comfortable..in a lot of cases, with new customers, they are comfortable
in their homes for the first time.