Posted to alt.home.repair
crust crust is offline

Default Child door locks for entry door

Hello, I am trying to come up with some ideas for a lock for my entry
door to prevent my children from opening it. It currently has a
single cylinder deadbolt, but my 2yo already has figured out how to
unlock it. He is pretty good about not doing it but I am worried that
he might respond to the doorbell and make it to the door before we
do. I considered converting it to a double cylinder, but I am a bit
concerned about putting a double cylinder on an egress, though I
believe it is allowed in Austin,TX. The other thought is to have a
2nd interior only deadbolt installed higher up on the door. The last
is the little chains and clasps, but I would prefer if the door will
not open at all. I've looked for everything I can think of, and have
yielded nothing so far. What does everyone else use?