Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT-143 days

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message
. ..
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
snip
Whichever way the center votes, it will be a rejection of the
ideologues.
The liberals had their run and the conservatives did too. Both of you
are
failures. Now it's time for a fresh look and some shaking up of the
old
guard. Obama may be the most likely person to do it in a couple of
generations. Or maybe not. We'll be watching to see, between now and
November, and you and the other partisans will have nothing to do
with
how we decide.

--
Ed Huntress

Actually, I don't know IF I'll vote. It depends on the local stuff.
may posture as a Conservative but I don't drink that Kool-Aid either.
Whoever is elected, I have contingencies to prevent too much of an
impact...I hope.
There's an allowance in the statistics for people who won't vote. d8-)

I don't know what it is you want in a president, Tom. What you have
here
is
two of the best candidates we've had in a very long time. This is one
election in which I don't think we'll be voting for the least-worst. I
just
want to be sure I've done my best to pick the better of the two.
Come on, Ed. It's an easy choice.

Hawke

We'll see for sure when Obama's domestic policy ideas get a good airing.

--
Ed Huntress

Ed, Do you see any VP choice that McCain can make that will actually gain
him votes? From here it looks like picking a more moderate VP will chase
out the base, and a conservative choice will kill the appeal he has with
some centrists. He seems to need an economics person most, but that isn't
a place for real "sexy" running mates.

I don't have a clue, Stuart. I'm not paying much attention to the
right-of-center coalitions that are lining up (or not) behind McCain. I
don't fully understand the right's objections to him. He looks like a pretty
solid conservative to me, although he's still a bit of a maverick. I can't
believe those people would shoot themselves in the foot by staying home, but
I can't really identify with their thinking, anyway.

On the other side, Obama needs a foreign policy person, or an older more
seasoned Statesman, and somebody like Richardson could really bring him a
bunch of foreign policy respect.

I suspect he'd pick a good cabinet, as would McCain. Neither one of those
guys is so helpless that he'd be a pawn of his own cabinet, the way Bush has
been.

--
Ed Huntress