Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Roger Roger is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

The message 48679e62@qaanaaq
from Andy Hall contains these words:

It seems that an average public sector dentist earns about £45k, which
is quite a comfortable salary.

By whose standards?

By most peoples.

It's the private sector ones at over £100k that I take issue with.

Why? There is no reason why a dentist shouldn't make a five figure salary.

No reason why they should either. Incomes of over £100,000 are probably
still the preserve of less than 1% of the adult population and over
£45,000 probably less than 10%. My starting figures for those
assumptions are that in 2001/02 the top 10% got £640 per week or better
and of those somewhat less than 3% got over £1000 per week.

Andy seems to inhabit a strange world where low paid public servants are
overpaid wasters while those he can emphathise with deserve to join him
in the private sector with an income in the top 1%. He doesn't seem to
care a toss about the rest of the lower orders.

--
Roger Chapman