Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ballpark Figure?

In my kitchen I have 5 recessed can lights mounted in an approximately 6'
circular pattern over the island. There is no attic access. I would like
to have a ceiling fan junction box added in the center of the circle of
downlights, wired to the same circuit as the lights. I won't require a
separate switch for the fan, as I will use the pull chain switch to control
it. There is no concern about wattage, as I am using CFLs in the
downlights that total only ~120 watts. The fan wattage will not exceed 100
watts.

I haven't called an electrician for prices yet. I live in the greater
Phoenix area. Any wild guesses as to what this might cost to have
installed? I can't manage doing the job myself as I have a back problem
that prevents me from being on a ladder.

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright
Saturday, 06(VI)/28(XXVIII)/08(MMVIII)