Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Home Depot Annouces CFL Recycling Programme

Dan Musicant wrote:

Nuclear? Clean safe and practical? Huh? Ask people in Eastern Europe
about Chernobyl.

Uh, nobody in Eastern Europe was harmed by Chernobyl - except perhaps to
their phobias.

Also, they haven't come up with a decent means of dealing with nuclear
waste. You cannot demonstrate that it's clean, safe or practical.

People concerned with that sort of thing have come up with MANY methods of
dealing with nuclear waste. These methods range from encasing the waste in
molten glass and dumping the ingots in the Pacific Ocean to shooting them
into the sun to storing them in salt domes.

None of the proposed solutions have been implemented because a solution is
not needed today. The longer we wait for a final decision, the better the
decision will be. In other words, we don't have to take steps until we have
to take steps.

By every objective standard, nuclear power is safer than almost any
alternative. Except to those who fear.