Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Old drawer slide????

On Jun 28, 12:49 pm, "Xantipas" wrote:
"evodawg" wrote in message

That's the ugliest drawer slide I have ever seen. Try Rockler.com or your
big box stores.

I have tried all the usual suspects as mentioned, just hoped posting here
someone might have knowledge
of these "old" slides.
Actually they are NOT ugly. These are built on-site cabients of wood not
splinterboard and instead of a center runner as was the mode "back in da
day" these face mounted brackets went on faster and cheaper and lasted about
30 years.

They're _reasonable_ quality slides for 30 years ago (ball bearing
slides were already in existence), but at this point in time they're
totally outdated. Today that exact slide, even if brand new, would be
a mid/low grade. Hey, you didn't invent the suckers, so don't take it
personally. Reading between the lines, I'm guessing that you
inherited the house and a relative built the cabinets. This has
nothing to do with any of that. If the person that built those
cabinets were alive today, they'd choose a different slide. I've
always felt that you should honor the spirit of the person that did
the work, not become a slave to outdated technology unless you're
doing a historic renovation. The person that did the original work
would choose the best slides that they could reasonably afford. You
should do the same. That's my take on it.