Posted to alt.home.repair
jthread[_2_] jthread[_2_] is offline

Default Old drawer slide????

"Xantipas" wrote in message
. ..

"evodawg" wrote in message
That's the ugliest drawer slide I have ever seen. Try Rockler.com or your
big box stores.

I have tried all the usual suspects as mentioned, just hoped posting here
someone might have knowledge
of these "old" slides.
Actually they are NOT ugly. These are built on-site cabients of wood not
splinterboard and instead of a center runner as was the mode "back in da
day" these face mounted brackets went on faster and cheaper and lasted
about 30 years.
Xan

I'm not sure why you'd want to preserve them especially since there are no
readily available replacement parts. You can easily purchase quality drawer
runners. 30 years isn't really all that long. Unless it was on a silverware
drawer or something you used daily. As for ugly, why would anyone care?

Sorry, but I really don't have a thing to do and my wife is entertaining.
I'm just playing around on the computer trying to ignore her "girlfriends".