Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll[_2_] John R. Carroll[_2_] is offline

Default OT-143 days

Hawke wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
snip
Whichever way the center votes, it will be a rejection of the
ideologues. The liberals had their run and the conservatives did
too. Both of you are failures. Now it's time for a fresh look and
some shaking up of the old guard. Obama may be the most likely
person to do it in a couple of generations. Or maybe not. We'll be
watching to see, between now and November, and you and the other
partisans will have nothing to do with how we decide.

--
Ed Huntress

Actually, I don't know IF I'll vote. It depends on the local
stuff. I may posture as a Conservative but I don't drink that
Kool-Aid either. Whoever is elected, I have contingencies to
prevent too much of an impact...I hope.

There's an allowance in the statistics for people who won't vote.
d8-)

I don't know what it is you want in a president, Tom. What you have
here is two of the best candidates we've had in a very long time.
This is one election in which I don't think we'll be voting for the
least-worst. I just want to be sure I've done my best to pick the
better of the two.

Come on, Ed. It's an easy choice.

It really isn't.
Also, what's the rush? These two have miles to go before they are done and
will face each other in public debates.
There will be plenty left to see and digest and lots of time to do it.
For example, if Obama doesn't outright demolish McCain in their first
meeting, McCain will be percieved as the winner.
It's as easy for McCain to exceed expectations as it will be for Obama to
fall short.

Hillary Clinton is a very recent and high profile example of a presumed
winner falling right on her ass, and in less than four months.
Have you forgotten that lesson already?

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com