Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default USAA (home,car,etc) insurance. In '60, wonderful. Now?

"David Combs" wrote in message
In article ,
JimR wrote:

[snip]

However, they probably won't cover your condo -- because of problems with
the Florida government's effort to control insurance prices, USAA has
stopped writing home coverage in Florida except for active duty military
on
orders to this state. They have also cancelled all coverage on second
homes
in Florida, driving a lot of people to the state-owned insurance company.

Hmmm. Well, re the florida condo (a 2nd home), they haven't
*cancelled* us yet.

Either we've fallen through the cracks, or their policy is
to not write *new* policies there, or maybe it's just for
new *customers*?

That is, maybe they're keeping the already-existing (Florida) policies?

Thanks!

David

Maybe my words "all coverage" for second homes was an overstatement, but
that was my impression. Also, that they will only write new policies for
active duty military assigned to the state. Besides a letter from USAA a
few months ago that I can't find, my other data point is a casual contact
here in Central Florida's highlands that has been a USAA customer for many
years and had his second-home policy cancelled. (His first home is in
Broward County -- Ft. Lauderdale area). We're just about as far away from
salt water as it's possible to be in Florida.

Second-home policy didn't affect me -- my second home is either the office
or the riding lawnmower - - - no USAA insurance required --