Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default Mold/mildew in shower

"J.H. Holliday" doc@okcorral wrote in message
"JimR" wrote in message
m...

[snip]

I bought the Ryobi 18v drill mainly of pretty good ratings from Consumer
Reports and have been happy with it. What don't you like about it?

Battery life -- both in terms of operating hours and how quickly they lose
their charge when not in use. I "splurged" on a Ridgid 18V set (drill,
recip saw, circular saw, flashlight) and discovered a major difference. The
Ridgid always seems to be charged up, even if I haven't used it for a month
or more, when the Ryobi would be flat. Plus I get a lifetime warranty and
free replacement on the Ridgid batteries. The Ridgid is noticeably
heavier -- not necessarily a good thing, but seems well balanced and the
circular saw does everything I ask of it.

I also had a Craftsman 18V kit, and found the batteries didn't last long,
were expensive to replace, and that Craftsman had more than one style of 18V
battery -- the replacement style I needed never seemed to be in stock.