Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default how to rid sewer of mosquitoes?

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 6/26/2008 5:54 AM HeyBub spake thus:

Joe wrote:

I have a city sewer in front of my house that has standing water and
has become a breeding ground for mosquitoes. Is there anything I can
add to the water to negate it as a breeding ground?

DDT.

You can get it if you try hard enough.

Not recommended. There's a good reason it's hard to get.

As it turns out, that "good reason" is responsible for the death of hundreds
of thousands - maybe millions - due to Malaria.

Like breast implants, the world's opinion has changed. WHO now recommends
indoor DDT spraying to control mosquitos.

The "environmentalists" may be directly responsible for more deaths and
misery than polluters.