Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Multiple lights, same circuit

On Jun 28, 9:59*am, wrote:
On Jun 27, 9:17*pm, Kevin Ricks wrote:

This is what I do for the hot sides of the switches (and outlets). I run
a single wire from switch to switch. I strip the insulation back at each
switch and wrap the wire around the screw terminal without cutting the
wire. *Much less clutter in the box that way and you end up with only
one wire to connect to the power feed wire, or no wire nut connection at
all if the power feed wire is long enough. *I sometimes do this with
ground connections as well.

I like this idea.

Thanks all.

Mike

If it's a15 amp circuit that wire strapping the input to all the
switches could be 14 AWG and thus easier to bend around the screw at
each switch having stripped back the insulation at each. With five
switches however it may be a 20 amp circuit?