Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GMAN GMAN is offline

Default Filter material for PC fans and cases????

In article , Eeyore wrote:

GMAN wrote:

Anyone know where to find the foam material that is used for filters. The

kind
you would use behind computer fans and the like to catch dust. I need to make
some custom filters for a few 120mm fans, Is there some place that sells it

by
the sheet or rolls?

You need fairly open stuff od the airflow will be impeded.

Yes, exactly

Do you mean this which I've used in power amps a lot (mainly present a nice
trim
to cooling slots).

http://steplaw.com/reticulatedfoam.html

Yes thats it, also known as

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/4YD83
The above company wont sell to retail purchasers, just resellers. Plus i need a
larger sized sheet so i can cut to size.

You don't say where you are but in case you're in the UK go to Foam Engineers
for
it.

Graham

I am in Salt Lake City, Utah USA.