Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GMAN GMAN is offline

Default Filter material for PC fans and cases????

In article , Jim Adney wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 08:06:11 GMT (GMAN) wrote:

Anyone know where to find the foam material that is used for filters. The kind

you would use behind computer fans and the like to catch dust. I need to make
some custom filters for a few 120mm fans, Is there some place that sells it by

the sheet or rolls?

Hardware stores often have sheets of open foam filter material for air
conditioner filters. It's a couple square feet, about 1/8" thick, and
easily cut to size with scissors.

-

I tried Home Depot and Lowes no luck. I will try around at some smaller stores
like ACE if i can find one locally. I cant believe its this hard to find the
stuff.